Standard Conditions of Hire
If the hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, clarification should be sought from the Office Manager.
1) The HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the hired room or hall, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using it. This responsibility also extends to those areas of communal use; the toilets, entrance and passageways and including the car park.
2) The HIRER shall not sublet or use the premises for any unlawful purposes or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring on to the premises anything which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
3) The HIRER shall indemnify the ASSOCIATION for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the building, contents or grounds which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
4) AT THE END of the hiring the HIRER shall be responsible for leaving the hired room or hall, all communal areas and the building surrounds in a clean and tidy condition and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. The HIRER is also responsible for the removal from the premises such rubbish as bottles, cartons, paper and food waste, etc. consequential to their hiring and using of the hall or room.
5) If the HIRER wishes to cancel the booking up to 30 days before the date of the event then no charge will be made. If less than 30 days notice is given then the HIRER is responsible for paying for the hiring unless the ASSOCIATION is able to arrange a replacement booking. Regular hirers, who are invoiced at the end of each month, will be expected to pay for cancelled bookings under the same conditions.
6) The ASSOCIATION reserve the right to cancel any booking in the event of the Community Centre or part thereof being required for use as a polling station for a Parliamentary or Local Governmental election or by-election, in which case the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of the hiring fee or shall not be invoiced in the case of a regular booking. The ASSOCIATION also reserve the right to rearrange or cancel a regular booking up to four times in any year to accommodate special events run by or on behalf of the ASSOCIATION.
7) The PERMISSION of the Executive Committee of the ASSOCIATION must be sought and given before any foodstuffs or liquid refreshments can be brought into the Community Centre.
8) Where alcoholic liquors are concerned application must be in writing. After written permission has been given by the Executive Committee, the HIRERshall be responsible for obtaining licences that may be needed for the sale and consumption of intoxicating liquor, and for the observance of the same and of all other regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the fire authority, the local authority, the local magistratesí court or otherwise.
9) IN THE EVENT of the Community Centre or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired the ASSOCATION shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting lose or damage what so ever.
For Booking forms (which includes a copy of the Conditions of Hiring) select below.
Due to the availability of the rooms, it is advisable for you to talk to us before trying to make a booking. We will not guarantee any booking made over the internet until the signed booking form has been received and the availability of the room has been confirmed.
(C) Copyright H&D Community Association. 2020