Hiring Halls & Rooms
First things first - Some advice: Know what you want &
what we have to offer.
- We have:
- Rooms for 1 on 1 meetings (Room F),
- Rooms for 1 on 3 meetings (Room E with
en suite toilet),
- Rooms for up to 20 people (Room C
- Rooms for up to 60 people (Halls 1 &
do not have:
- A hireable kitchen - while we do
have a registered cafe (that has a Food Standards Agency food hygiene rating
of 5) where groups hiring one of our rooms or halls can buy
refreshments, we don't let hirers use the actual kitchen due to health and
- Free Wifi - groups hiring a room
may ask for the wifi code if they require it but we don't provide internet
access to the public.
- P.I.R lighting - all our lights
are controlled by light switches.
It is always advisable to visit the building before making a booking so that
you know exactly what you are booking and what you are not booking. Bookings
are not accepted over the phone or by e-mail unless you are a regular user.
also allow us to pass on general information about fire exits and general do's
- For the layout of the
Community Centre rooms go here:
Secondly: Know what you are
- We hire daily on a "fixed"
three hour session scheme. All prices are for the total three hours
regardless of whether the rooms only wanted for less than that time.
- The fixed sessions are:
- Morning: 10am to 1pm
Afternoon: 1pm to 4pm
Evening: 7pm to 10pm
- Cleaning and maintenance are done between
the afternoon and evening sessions so hirings inside these times are not
usually allowed. One exception would be when we're used as a Polling
Thirdly: know who you are to us.
- We operate a three tier pricing system
depending upon what the room will be hired for. An explanation of the 3 tiers
- Membership: These hirings are made up of people who are members of the Hythe
& Dibden Community Association.
- Commercial: These hirings are made up of businesses and groups that make money
out of the hirings.
- Associated: These hirings, which are the most difficult to explain, are made
up of groups that are neither commercial businesses nor made up from our members
- some charities or non for profit organisations fit here.
If you are unsure which tier
you belong in:
- You can find the Room Hire
here: The Terms & Conditions for hiring are
- For a Booking Form for either single
or multiple occasions
- For guidance
as to where to find the building, you can go here:
note: we do not take bookings directly over the phone or from this website. This is to
stop hirers from assuming they have made a booking before we can check that
the rooms they wish to hire are actually available for the time/ date that they
wish to hire it for.
You can e-mail
us a query on:
Copyright H&D Community Association. 2021